Human Resource Associate
Mortgage Equity Partners is seeking a Human Resource Associate to join our team. The Human Resource Associate will manage and coordinate human resources activities to include employee relations, staffing, benefits, compensation and training. Effectively work with employees and managers at all levels to identify issues and develop creative solutions, independently and in cooperation with others on sensitive and confidential matters.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Conduct recruitment effort for all employees, including job postings, sourcing applicants, screening/interviewing, drafting offer letters, benefit summaries, and checking references and processing background checks.
- Prepare new hire on-boarding/off-boarding package, orientation, activate benefit enrollment, and complete tax forms according to state/federal guidelines, conduct termination exit interviews.
- Develop, recommend and implement new policies as needed; prepare and update employee handbook; inform and assist employees and supervisors with company policy and procedures.
- Assist in recommendations for performance management, behavioral issues, corrective actions, policy interpretations, and terminations to minimize legal exposure.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, including enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, 401K distribution & rollovers.
- Oversee maintenance of electronic benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the auditing of monthly billings.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators and coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Responsible for processing semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll for multiple entities, input changes, updates, and corrections to payroll and employee records including salary actions, commissions, status changes, direct deposits, tax withholdings, payroll deductions, garnishments, and other related entries.
- Implement and annually update the performance review process and compensation plan; re-evaluate job descriptions as necessary; conduct and analyze salary surveys.
- Serves as a point of escalation to all performance or grievance issues in a legally professional and compliant manner.
- Ensure employment actions are appropriately documented and consistent with policies and laws.
- Provide feedback to senior management on issues and concerns with a focus on employee satisfaction, retention and improving operating culture.
- Design and implement engagement programs to promote a positive work environment and productive working relationships.
- Oversee all communications to staff including monthly newsletter, memos, and benefit meetings
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Human Resources, or equivalent) preferred
- Two to Four years related experience
- Proven creativity and innovation
- Self-direction with exceptional communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems
- Highly organized and able to work under time pressures and manage multiple demands simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail