Mortgage Loan Originator
Mortgage Equity Partners is a Locally owned and operated regional mortgage lender, licensed in NH, MA, MD, ME, DC, GA, NC, SC, VA and FL. We have created the most loan officer friendly environment for career loan officers on the East Coast.
About the Position:
We are looking for talented, self-motivated Mortgage Loan Originators. The Mortgage Loan Originator will continually identify, develop, and maintain a quality network of business relationships and serve as a recurring source of referrals for new lending opportunities.
The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible to represent Mortgage Equity Partners. in his or her local territory by developing and maintaining relationships primarily with realtors. The Mortgage Loan Originator will promote our competitive mortgage products, services, and programs in his or her assigned real estate offices. The Mortgage Loan Originator will consult with customers about their current and future needs to help them achieve their financing needs. He or she is responsible to collect and review all needed supporting loan documentation. The Mortgage Loan Originator will maintain minimum standards for production and quality. He or she is responsible to originate and close quality loan volume through sales and marketing activities. All origination’s and business development activities must be compliant and consistent with company policy.
- Source mortgage leads.
- Build relationships with real estate agents and other lead sources.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans.
- Market our products to individuals and firms, promoting company services that may meet customers’ needs.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Generate complete loan applications with corresponding documentation.
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements.
- Help customers by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Own the communication with the real estate agent or referral source.
- Confer with processing and underwriting to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Meet production expectations of $600 thousand in monthly mortgage production.
- Regularly participate in activities in connection with mortgage sales, including but not limited to attend closings, open houses, and/or conduct Mortgage Equity Partners seminars/trainings and other lead-generating activities.