Reporting: Branch Manager – Methuen
Compensation: Salary with Bonus Opportunity
The processing position will require the following:
- Experience with all automated underwriting systems DU and LP.
- Submit loans to AUS systems and analyze the results to determine proper documentation for loan file.
- Verify and validate supporting income, assets, liabilities and appraisals.
- Review and verify credit reports.
- Be confident in analyzing a loan file and identifying necessary documents to complete the loan process prior to submission to underwriting.
- Use Condominium Project Manager for condominium acceptance.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and meet deadlines with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with clients, real estate brokers, loan officers and all parties involved in the transaction to ensure proper and timely processing and submission of mortgage applications.
- Send and follow up on verifications to employers, banks, creditors etc.
- Update the mortgage loan origination system with verified information.
- Ensure proper and timely processing and submission of mortgage applications to the underwriting team
- After loan approval communicate underwriting decision to Borrower, Loan Officer and any other Team members and parties involved in the transaction.
- Review compliance reports, clear any alerts/warnings and gather any additional documentation required to satisfy conditions and prepare loan for closing.
- Use time efficiently and meet department deadlines with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Attend weekly pipeline meeting and actively participate in efforts to continually improve customer service for internal and external customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum job requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years processing experience.
- Current FHA and VA experience.
- Encompass Banker knowledge a plus.
- Ability to accurately process first mortgage loans, including FHA and Conventional Loans.
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage loan processing and associated documentation and underwriting guidelines required.
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi task in a busy office environment.
- Fluent in Spanish is an asset not a requirement.