Table of Contents
Florida Housing’s First Time Homebuyer (FTHB) Program offers 30-year fixed rate FIRST mortgage loans to first-time homebuyers and qualified veterans in Florida.
This program uses income and purchase price limits to determine eligibility.
Potential borrowers must:
- Complete a Homebuyers Education Class
- Qualify for a Mortgage loan and a qualifying FICO Score
Florida Housing also offers down payment and closing cost assistance in the form of a second mortgage loan to assist eligible homebuyers with their down payment and closing costs. Down payment assistance is only available when used in conjunction with Florida Housing’s first mortgage loan. Down payment assistance is NOT available as “stand-alone” down payment assistance. It is only available when used in conjunction with one of Florida Housing’s Homebuyer Programs.
The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program offers eligible first-time homebuyers a nonrefundable Federal income tax credit which can be utilized with a lender’s first mortgage. The MCC reduces an eligible borrower’s Federal income taxes and, in effect, creating additional income for the borrower to use in making mortgage payments or other household expenses. Florida Housing’s Program offers a tax credit amount of up to 50%, based on the loan amount.
Contact one of our Florida Loan Officers to get started today!
Georgia Dream Homeownership
The Georgia Dream Homeownership program is available to eligible first-time homebuyers in certain Georgia Counties. One of the biggest hurdles to homeownership is coming up with the down payment. The Georgia Homeownership program provides $5,000 in assistance to eligible borrowers. If you are a public protector, educator, health care provider, active military, or if you are living with a family member that is disabled, there is a $7,500 down payment option.
There are some eligibility requirements:
A first home loan from MaineHousing is the most affordable way to buy your first home or return to homeownership. We are pleased to partner with MaineHousing to provide these affordable loan products.
Advantage Downpayment and Closing Cost Assistance-Advantage can provide $3,500 toward the cash you need for closing. Applicants choosing Advantage must take the hoMEworks approved homebuyer education class before closing and must make a minimum borrower contribution of 1% of the loan. The cost of the homebuyer class counts towards the 1%.
No, and Low Downpayment Options-MaineHousings First Home Loan Program makes it easier and more affordable to buy a home with a low fixed-rate mortgage. There are options with little to no downpayment required, and if you still need help with cash for closing costs, there is a downpayment and a closing cost assistance option call Advantage.
MassHousing is a state and regional program that provides affordable mortgage options for
the purchase of a 1-4 family home or condominium in Massachusetts.
Key features are:
- Affordable, fixed interest rates
- Flexible underwriting guidelines and income limits
- Loans are serviced by MassHousing
- Downpayment assistance
- Options with and without Mortgage Insurance
- Mortgage Payment Protection with MI plus (protection that helps you pay your mortgage if you lose your job!)
- Rehabilitation/Renovation loans available
Contact one of our Massachusetts Loan Officers to get started today!
New Hampshire Housing
New Hampshire Housing promotes, finances and supports affordable housing for Granite State residents. One of the goals of NH Housing is to offer safe, fixed-rate mortgages.
New Hampshire Housing offers homebuyer programs for New Hampshire residents with incomes up to $128,900.
Loan options include:
- Home Flex which provides up to 3% of the base loan amount to help with down payments
- Home Preferred which is a conventional mortgage with 3% down and reduced MI rates
- Rehabilitation Mortgage Programs if you are buying a fixer-upper, you can add up to a $35,000 to your purchase mortgage with as little as 3.5% down to assist with repairs and upgrades.
- Home-Start Homebuyer Tax Credit makes homeownership more affordable for first-time homebuyers. The homebuyer tax credit can decrease the federal income taxes you owe, thereby boosting your take-home pay, which may help you qualify for a mortgage. It is an annual credit for the life of the mortgage.
- Home Preferred No MI provides you with conventional mortgage financing terms and not MI (Mortgage Insurance) option. No MI with as little as 3% down, (97% LTV).
Contact one of our New Hampshire Loan Officers to get started today!
North Carolina Housing
North Carolina Housing’s mission is to create housing opportunities for North Carolinians. We are proud to partner with them on this mission.
North Carolina Home Advantage Mortgage offers down payment assistance to up to 5 percent of the loan amount that can help first-time and move-up buyers get into a new home. First-time homebuyers and military veterans may be eligible for other products as well.
- NC 1st Home advantage-offers $8,000 in down payment assistance.
- NC Home advantage tax credit-buyers may qualify for the NC Home Advantage Tax credit which can save them up to $2,000 a year on their federal tax liability with a Mortgage Credit Certificate.
Contact one of our Loan Officers to get started today!
South Carolina Housing
SC Housing’s Homebuyer Program can put you in a loan you can live with – one that’s affordable and consistent over the long term. This program assists low to moderate families and individuals by offering a competitive, fixed-rate mortgage loan. Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance may be available for qualified borrowers.
These loans offer:
- Low, fixed interest rates
- Down Payment Assistance – For many people considering a first home purchase, saving enough money for the down payment and other costs can be a challenge. At SC Housing, we understand this, and we are here to help you meet this challenge with a variety of down payment assistance programs.
Contact one of our South Carolina Loan Officers to get started today!